Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Food Inc.


   So if you haven't watched food inc. you really need too. I'm now pretty much obsessed with eating organic. I wont let my kids eat school lunch anymore, I get all my dairy products, and chicken, meat from winder dairy. We don't eat fast food unless i know where their food is made, ya im a freak! Anywho i made this awesome bean and ham soup that is soooo good so i thought i would share the recipe.                                               
1 lb. dried beans, i used white
2Tsp. salt
1lb. ham cooked and chopped
1 cup celery, diced
1 onion, chopped
1 cup carrots, diced
1 lb. can diced tomatoes
1 tsp. chili powder
Wash beans pour into a pot cover in 2 inches of water let it soak overnight.
Drain beans, discard water and put in stockpot. Cover with 2 quarts water, bring to a boil and simmer for 3 hours. Add ham, and remaining ingredients, simmer 1 hour!
But what i do is i put it in my crock pot in the morning and put it on low all day, cus when i get home from school i don't want to think about cooking.